Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's My Birthday...What A Headache!


So today starts the last year that I will be in my 40's. I can not believe that I have reached this point in my life. And what a great day it was! Today I realized how loved I am. There were so many calls, e mails, people stopping by with flowers, lotions, notes, a wonderful lunch....I honestly have been overwhelmed and I am so grateful. Lucy and Dave decorated the house while I was out and bought me this great cake. Which brings me to my story. I probably should keep this to myself but there is no way my family will so it's just best that I tell it myself.

So as I went to blow out the candles on my cake (and there weren't even 49), I got so light headed that I almost passed out falling backwards and hitting my head on the edge of the refrigerator. OUCH!! Ok, I'm not telling it well and you probably had to be there to see me gasping on the floor trying to sit up but in too much pain and still very dizzy. Pathetic I would say wouldn't you?? But really, thank you everyone for making my birthday the best day I've had in a very long time!!!

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Note to self: No more than five candles on the next cake! Happy Birthday! Glad it was a good one. Love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Wendy! I tried not to laugh at you falling down....as long as you weren't hurt, then is it OK??? I hope your day was wonderful! You really need to live it up this year! Get a little wild and crazy, throw caution to the wind, live on the edge. You are only in your 40's once ya know. If Bon Jovi was on tour I would take you to a concert, now that is livin it up!!!

Blake Roberts said...

Happy Birthday Mom!