Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our 4th of July











Alrighty...as I was uploading the pictures of our trip I realized that this blogger puts them up backwards...so bear with me...
For our 4th of July we decided to go up as a family to our cabin in Strawberry. When we got there we saw that Strawberry had recently had a HUGE storm and the cabin was covered in hail and leaves (see bottom pictures). We had lots of fun riding the quads and Dad's motorcycle. During our first afternoon another storm came in and it was hailing again!!! Take a look at the size of it! The temperature dropped to almost 50 degrees...a very nice treat for us :-) What we didn't get a picture of was the giant elk we saw!! In fact...there were four of them!! They came right up to the cabin and were eating the peanuts and sunflower seeds mom had put out. They were massive!! Tammy was a little freaked out and just stood staring at them the whole time. We had a great fourth! The only thing missing was Casey and Natalie.

3 comments:

Gracie said...

Did Tammy have any Pepsi while you were up there, uncle Dave?

Lauri said...

I'm so jealous. FIFTY DEGREES?! I wish.

Life with Langleys: Utah Chapter said...

Wow!! that is some serious hail!!
It looks like you guys had fun. Isn't it great to have someplace to get away to? Love to you all.
Julie