
I just finished reading the book, "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. I didn't really want to read it. In fact I was a little annoyed by all the "hype" it was getting. Not that I didn't have sympathy for what this man is enduring. I can't imagine what it would be like to know that you had only a few months to live. I have no excuses only that I wasn't drawn to it like so many other people have been.
Well, my mom read it and passed it on and I thought ok, I'll give it a chance. It really was incredible and I was wrong. If you haven't read it, I encourage you to. Here is a link to his website.
http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/
I am also giving a link to "The Alice Project" that Pausch founded. This is a free gift to the public from Carnegie Mellon. I think all my teacher friends will like it. It is educational software that teaches computer programing and did I mention that it is free?
2 comments:
that's interesting...I am one of those who has been caught up in the hype and have been dying to read it. In fact, I thought it might make for a good book discussion. I'm definitely going to read it now (as soon as I finish my finals next week).
I saw his "Last Lecture". It was great. I have been fascinated with him and his courage. I can't wait to read his book. I am glad that you liked it.
Post a Comment