The past few days have been nothing short of wonderful!! It started with Casey and Natalie flying in on Wednesday. Natalie is a gem. We all fell in love with her! Thursday was the big day for Lucy and along with graduation came the rain! Lucy's graduating class was 803 strong. They asked the administration not to split them up, which would have happened if commencement was moved inside. Half of the class would have gone to the gym and half to the auditorium. Their feeling was they had started school together and they wanted to finish together even if that meant sitting in the rain.

So off we went to Toro Stadium. Who could have guessed that 2 days before it was 108 degrees? We were soaked and freezing. Thanks to our trusty tarp (OK it was a shower curtain) we managed to keep some of the rain off us. :)

I have to admit not all of the water on my face was rain. Lucy has had amazing friends at school and in our ward. Already these "kids" are heading off to school and far away places. I'm really not ready for all the changes that are taking place. But isn't that life?

I have to admit not all of the water on my face was rain. Lucy has had amazing friends at school and in our ward. Already these "kids" are heading off to school and far away places. I'm really not ready for all the changes that are taking place. But isn't that life?

4 comments:
Sounds like it was a great weekend for you all! I love the picture of everyone. Lucy, I can't stand it that you are sooooo oooolllldddd!!!I still think of you as that little girl who came to visit Gram, and turned around the same day and flew home!!! You've always had your own mind and good for you!
Love,
Julie
Yay Lucy! (I can agree with my mom on this one, YOU ARE OLD) congrats, but sorry for all of the rain. How cold did it get down there?
~Gracie
It was in the 50's...for us that is freezing!!!! But today we are at 100 again.
It looks like Dad is flipping off the camera!
Post a Comment