Monday, May 12, 2008

A Happy Mother's Day




Yesterday was such a great day!! Sometimes Mother's Day can cause a little guilt I must admit. I start thinking of all the things I shoulda, coulda done and then there it is. Well, not yesterday. Thanks Holly for teaching my Primary class so that I could go into Relief Society with Lucy. The graduating Laurels were being spotlighted by their mom's and introduced as the newest Relief Society sisters....Lucy in Relief Society???? I can hardly believe it. The girls then said a little about their mom's and I must admit that Lucy made me cry. And that was just the beginning.

I knew that Holly had something special planned because she took all my photo books with her last week but I could not have imagined how wonderful that something would be. She presented a book with photos and memories from Dave, Casey, Blake, Lucy and Holly. I loved reading them and seeing pictures of the kids as babies. Then they presented me with this painting "Perfect Love" by Del Parson's. By now I was bawling like a baby. To say I have been blessed with the most amazing family just doesn't put into words. The thought and love behind these gifts says it all.


We then had a wonderful dinner with the greatest Moms of all. I feel so fortunate to have these amazing women in our lives. There was lots of laughter especially when I realized that I had been "caught" getting the same card for both of them. What can I say, I thought it was a great card! :)


And on a final note. Our thoughts and prayers are with my brother Mike and his wife Kelly. Kelly's mom, Marilyn, is in the hospital and I am hoping that all will be well.

0 comments: