Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Las Vegas

It's slow in coming but here are some photos from our Vegas trip. It was Gram and I and Holly and Lucy. Really a combination birthday and graduation trip for Lucy with the rest of us tagging along. We had a blast!! It started with me getting lost. How do you get lost on your way to Vegas? Miss the turnoff that's how. We realized our mistake just after leaving Salome. Salome as in 1 gas station and a couple of trailers. The girls got a big kick about the Rabies Clinic flyer posted at the gas station and had to have a picture. Thanks to a very nice Highway Patrolman we were back on the right track (did I mention we missed the turnoff that he told us to take but nice Mr. Officer was watching us in his rear view mirror and when we saw the brake lights come on, we did a quick Uey and were on our way). I think I have just grown too dependent on Dave when it comes to reading a map.

We finally made it there (in 8 hours and having to go through Lake Havasu). The days were filled with rides at Circus Circus, New York and Stratosphere. The lions, M & M & Coke factories, walking, walking, and more walking, eating and shopping. We stayed right across the street from the Bellagio and my favorite thing was watching the fountain shows at night and also just walking through their conservatory and seeing all the cool Dale Chihuly glass in their foyer. The highlight for Lucy was the Cirque de Soleil Love show on Friday night. It was incredible, especially for a Beatles fan like Lucy. So thanks Lucy for sharing your day with us!!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Looks like you had a good time. Jeff and I took a trip to Las Vegas when he was in high school. We had so much fun. There really is a lot to do there. Did I recognize the MGM lion?

Anonymous said...

Wow...looks like you had too much fun! Love the pics! I can't believe that Lucy is graduating this year....I am an old woman.