Everyone please enjoy this little bit of heaven. Holly has great stories about Yo Yo Ma. One year, while Holly was in the Phoenix Symphony Youth Guild, he came to Phoenix and did a special masters class with the kids. He actually let the cellists play his instrument, alone, while he was out of the room. Holly can speak more about him herself but I know she has always said he was one of the nicest people. When Holly was at Tanglewood, Yo Yo Ma would be in the next practice room. Can you imagine practicing next to Yo Yo Ma? I was also fortunate enough to go with Holly to see Itzhak Perlman rehearse with the Phoenix Symphony. He was amazing even in rehearsals. Thank you Holly for sharing your love of music with me. You have given me wonderful memories.
Best Free Minecraft Skins
5 years ago
5 comments:
I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't know who he was...now I know and I was so impressed by their performance at the Inauguration.
Funny- I had no idea who he was also until I just read the book 'The Soloist'. Great book. That's awesome holly!
Music was taped earlier was not live..Must have been arrainged by Ashley Simpson...
OK that makes so much sense. I was wondering how they were playing when it was so cold outside. Bad for instruments and hands. Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed!
Hey Lyndsey, thanks for the book recommend!
hello people. lets not be disappointed about the prerecording. its freezing out there!! first of all, these musicians are so amazing that their instruments literally cost millions of dollars. having them out in freezing cold weather is not good for them at all. i wouldn't be surprised if those weren't even their normal instruments. secondly, playing in that cold of weather can really damage a player. it puts a lot of stress on your tendons and can really really quickly lead to tendinitis.
as far as comparing it to the whole ashley simpson fiasco...i think not. the difference here is that these guys are so talented that they probably ran through this a few times and then sat down to record a few takes and picked the best one. on the other hand, someone like ashely simpson spend WEEKS in the studio for one song so that they can splice and phase and auto-tune it to make it sound half way decent.
Post a Comment