
It's no secret to anyone who knows her that the past year or so has been extremely difficult for Holly. Since she was very small her life has revolved around music and the accomplishments that it has brought her. Those accomplishments have been many. Holly has been blessed with experiences that most people her age don't get. She has traveled the world, met and performed with famous people, and through it all she has always carried herself with grace and dignity. I have always been impressed with the way she treated others around her and how willing she was to help them. She won't talk about it but I will say that she has spent countless hours in different settings volunteering her time and love of music through mentoring and teaching young children for free, whether it be in a crisis center, home setting, or other venue. I have never known her to turn down an opportunity to play when asked unless she was unable to due to a prior engagement.
And when the unthinkable happened and she wasn't able to play due to an injury, I slowly saw the light leave her. Without her music I don't think she knew who she was anymore. Her life that had been so driven and purpose filled was now filled with pain and confusion. Prayers were said, blessings given and still she had to wait and learn what this trial would bless her with. Yes, bless her with.
Through it all, there has never been a doubt in my mind that a kind and loving Heavenly Father knew his daughter. I have seen Holly grow in ways that would not have been possible without this experience. Miracles have come to her and through faith she was able to have the surgery that was needed to heal her. It has been a long and painful journey. I hope that Holly will always remember how many people loved and supported her through it. I hope that she will remember that our prayers were answered many times through the actions of those around her. I hope she will remember the things she learned about herself. I hope she never forgets the blessings of the Savior and His Atonement.
In the coming weeks, Holly will be playing with Mannheim Steamroller in Prescott, Tucson, and 2 shows in Phoenix. She is back subbing with the Phoenix Symphony and will be playing several performances in their Messiah concert series and possibly the Nutcracker. I see joy in her again.
She's back, stronger and wiser. She has learned things that could only be learned through experience. May she never forget. My love is always with you Holly-
Mom
7 comments:
That was beautiful Wendy. I am so happy that Holly is back. She deserves that happiness. Welcome back Holly, we love you!
I love to hear Holly play and have been missing it. So glad she can get back to the love of her life!
I've always hated to live so far away and not be able to hear Holly play more...The times we have heard her...amazing. So glad your surgery went so well and SO glad to hear you are back!!! we love you !
Julie
I'm so glad to hear that. She is never really out of my thoughts. She is a dear and so much potential in every way I can think of.
Seriously...Mannheim Steamroller AND Phoenix Symphony AND the Nutcracker. That's incredible. I'm glad you're back, Holly. I want to come hear you.
It is so hard not to brag incessently I HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL GRANDCHILDREN IN THE WHOLE WORLD.
Love, Gram
I agree with Gram, Me and Holly are pretty wonderful! :)
Post a Comment