Monday, March 30, 2009

A Shower Full of Sunshine


These wonderful women hosted a shower for Lucy this past Saturday. Oh was it fun! Debbie made incredible invitations in Lucy's colors (yellow and green) and Lauri opened up her home for us all. Both Debbie and Lauri were Lucy's Young Women advisers. These women are my heroes and who I aspire to be like. When these two get together it's always a fun time! I love that Holly and Lucy are standing by each other in the photo. They have always stood together, loving and supporting each other. I believe they are each others best friend.


Oh Lauri's home was beautiful and the food was so yummy! Lauri made crepes and they were so good. Can you see the glass plates on the left? Debbie's mom was a caterer in Lehi, Utah, where Debbie grew up. Her mother was a dear friend of Grandma Roberts. Debbie shared with me that these plates were her mothers and used in her catering business. In fact they were used at Aunt Jo's wedding reception which Debbie's mom catered. It really is a small world and I must tell you that it made my heart sing to know this!


Lucy had such a good turn out of family and friends. To see the support she received was indeed a tender thing. Everyone was so thoughtful in the gifts that they gave and it will help Lucy and Josh so much. Gram was our photographer and thanks to her we have photos of this wonderful day. Thank you just isn't adequate but we are thankful to everyone who came and to Lauri, Debbie and Holly!

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Wendy is too modest to tell you that everyone who came made a point of telling me how much they love her and how she makes everyone feel special and important. Certainly music to my ears and no surprise at all. Wendy has spent her life in service to her family and those lucky enough to know her. Can you tell how proud I am to be her mother?

Life with Langleys: Utah Chapter said...

Wow! what fun!! although it makes us here in SLC very sad were couldn't be there with you :( :(
We can't wait to be there!!!

love you love you love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sandra completely! And she has every reason to be proud of such a wonderful daughter!

The shower was fabulous!

Shalice said...

I was so bummed I could not make it, I can't wait for the wedding! Hope you guys had a great time!

Lauri said...

You know, Wendy, what goes around comes around and you have been so good to so many people, we'd all do anything for you and your family. It was a pleasure to have this shower...so much fun!

How did I miss getting the picture of Holly, Debbie, and me?

By the way, your talk last night was fabulous. Some very tender feelings were shared and we were all touched. thanks for sharing.

The Lowes said...

Wendy, Just found your blog! I have enjoyed reading it. Your family is beautiful and growing so fast!

Unknown said...

Wendy, thanks for letting me be part of your event, I love your family and it has been so fun for me to have a hometown connection with you. Love ya