
I can't believe that tomorrow it will be one week that Blake has been graduated. I have been meaning to post, really I have but if you know me then you know why it has taken almost a week to get to it. Dave and I were able to drive to Idaho with a stop in Utah at Jo and Mike's and then Casey and Natalie's. We had such a great visit with all of them. While we were there we got word that Fred had some medical problems and we are so glad that he is healing and doing well.
Julie and the girls were able to go with us to the graduation and what a fun road trip we had!! Thanks Julie for driving. They picked us up at Casey and Natalie's EARLY Friday morning and we were off. I love these girls!! After the graduation we all went to lunch and Erin and Mike were able to meet us there. I wish I had a picture of that and I did take one but it came out too dark.
At lunch Blake announced that he and Corrine had gotten ENGAGED the previous night. I remember a year ago complaining that none of our kids were ever going to be married and I also remember you that told me, "Just wait, it will all happen at once". You were right! Three engagements and two weddings in less than a year. Corrine is a wonderful match for Blake. She also graduated from BYU-I and just finished her student teaching in Las Vegas. Corrine is originally from New York but her family now lives in San Diego. No date has been set but it will probably be in a year. Blake is preparing for the Police Academy and Corrine is going to be certifying in more subjects as she looks for a teaching position.
Our family is growing and it is a wonderful thing!!

Julie and the girls were able to go with us to the graduation and what a fun road trip we had!! Thanks Julie for driving. They picked us up at Casey and Natalie's EARLY Friday morning and we were off. I love these girls!! After the graduation we all went to lunch and Erin and Mike were able to meet us there. I wish I had a picture of that and I did take one but it came out too dark.
At lunch Blake announced that he and Corrine had gotten ENGAGED the previous night. I remember a year ago complaining that none of our kids were ever going to be married and I also remember you that told me, "Just wait, it will all happen at once". You were right! Three engagements and two weddings in less than a year. Corrine is a wonderful match for Blake. She also graduated from BYU-I and just finished her student teaching in Las Vegas. Corrine is originally from New York but her family now lives in San Diego. No date has been set but it will probably be in a year. Blake is preparing for the Police Academy and Corrine is going to be certifying in more subjects as she looks for a teaching position.
Our family is growing and it is a wonderful thing!!


6 comments:
Oh my! Your family is growing. What a year!!!!! Congratulations
Congratulations! You've got a lot to be proud of in your family.
Wow! You do have a lot going on! Congrats Blake! That is SO awesome! That hard work will pay off too.
We had so much fun with you all!!It was so great to be together...we wouldn't have missed it for the world! See you next week!!! and Happy Birthday Lucy!!!we're so excited for your big day!
Congratulations!!! So exciting!
Thanks everyone! I figured everyone else was doing their part to contribute to mom's stress level so it was about time for me to chip in.
Post a Comment