Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall


Fall is one of my favorite times of year which is ironic since I live in the land of cacti. Today I am dreaming of changing leaves, soup on the stove, gingerbread in the oven, crisp apples, and cool nights. When I was young and living in Georgia, I remember helping my Uncle Hugh rake leaves. I loved it! He had an old barrel that he would burn them in. (Not allowed in these days). The crisp pungent smell of those leaves stays with me today. In honor of fall, here are two recipes that I found that look yummy: Apple Cider Doughnuts and Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Butter

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am REALLY ready for fall. It isn't coming soon enough for me. Every year at this time I get the urge to move from here to somewhere with seasons. Oh well, hopefully another month and we will be through it. The recipes look yummy!

Lauri said...

I'm so glad you posted a recipe for apple cidar donuts. When we lived in California, we used to take our kids to the mountains to pick apples in the fall. One of our favorite treats before we came home was these donuts. I'm going to have to try them and see how they are...I'll give you a call because I certainly don't want to eat a dozen by myself.

Gracie said...

haha, COOL nights, yeah right. try 45 degrees. it's FREEZING!

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

Gracie, I would LOVE that!!

Gracie said...

yeah, right. Every night i have to leave my window open because my room is too hot and if i plug a fan in it's too noisy so i just leave the window open and then every morning at 2, 4, 5:50, and 6:15 I wake up with toes, nose, fingers, face, etc. It is not fun.

Sandy said...

I agree with your Aunt Wendy, Gracie, I think that sounds wonderful. I keep thinking cool weather and hopefully it will come. Thanks Wendy for the reminder, I remember the smell of burning leaves myself and in years past would put a handful on a metal tray and burn them just to smell the smoke.

Gracie said...

okay, totally unrelated, but...
what was the name of the website where you got your blog template again? i forgot and I need it for school :D

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

Here you go...

http://www.matiekay.blogspot.com/

I can't make it link so you'll have to copy and paste in your web browser. Love ya Gracie!

Gracie said...

thank you very very much. I found out there's also another site for blog templates--lelou or something like that, and they have really cute templates, too. Here's the blog we're starting for biology--http://pacsavingtheworld.blogspot.com/
We're doing it for the Lexus Eco Challenge and I'm trying to get as many people as possible to view it
~~G